Tuesday, November 15, 2011

a very thrifty tuesday

Hello $2 scarf :)

aaaaand $1 boom box for Jake


One of the most dearest people in my life has the opportunity to volunteer at a beautiful thrift store in our area.


This store is called Friends of the Carpenter.

So as the school day came to a close a friend and I pondered on what to do and found there was only one right thing to do...

We climbed into our car and drove to the other side of town to said thrift store.  A well worthy travel I must add!

See my friends and I like to do things unannounced so we crept into the back room where our friend stood, at the end of her shift.
Lets just say her face had a great transformation when she saw us two.

Anna showed us all around the store and there were way too many great deals to pass up.

I left with a fun scarf and a boom box... oh and some hair clips for 50 cents, can't forget the hair clips. Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. That scarf is adorable! Seriously though, I wish everyone thrifted. My friend bought a shirt for $30 and I had the same exact one but I got it for $5 at a thrift store. Hooray for awesome deals and saving money! :) cute blog by the way.

    xo, Samantha
    http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEK I can't tell you how much I appreciate you guys showing up :)
    xo, anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you know...we'll be expecting a guided trip to said thrift store next time we come to town. Josh is a thrift store junkie.

    ReplyDelete